You Can Help Save Bull Run!
Please ask for a WAIVER from the EPA Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2) process which would exempt Portland from adding costly and unnecessary drinking water treatment in addition to covering Mt. Tabor and Washington Park reservoirs.
- We want EPA LT2 Waiver; relief from a public health problem that does not exist
- Retain our pristine, safe, healthy Bull Run drinking water
- Relief from increasing water rates and long term debt
- The EPA variance and deference process continues to be costly, time consuming and scientifically unsupported.
- EPA is currently reviewing LT2 Rule and New York City is asking for an EPA Waiver.
- Decisions regarding our water need to be based on science; therefore, we want Scott Fernandez as a principal participant in the EPA LT2 Wavier process.
Contact your elected officials:
State of Oregon:
Ron Wyden, Senator
Phone: 503 326 7525
Jeff Merkley, Senator
Phone: 1 202 224 3753
City of Portland:
Charlie Hales, Mayor
Amanda Fritz, Commissioner
Nick Fish, Commissioner
Dan Saltzman, Commissioner
Steve Novick, Commissioner
For more questions or information on saving our pristine Bull Run drinking water system contact:
Scott Fernandez, M.Sc. Biology/Microbiology